Survey Report: Trends in Security Framework Adoption
Use of security frameworks is growing. How does your organization compare?
Tenable Network Security contracted Dimensional Research to conduct a survey assessing adoption patterns for widely used security frameworks. The survey was completed by 338 IT and security professionals in the U.S. It reveals that 84% of organizations surveyed already leverage some type of security framework. The frameworks most widely used by respondents include:
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity (NIST CSF)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Center for Internet Security Critical Security Controls (CIS)
- ISO/IEC 27001/27002 (ISO)
While 44% of respondents report using more than one security framework, adoption rates for individual frameworks vary significantly by industry and organization size.
Read the entire report to learn more and compare your organization’s progress with framework adoption with industry peers.
- Security Frameworks
- Tenable Security Center Plus